Cleansing

Let's face it: the holidays are over, and after all of the indulgence, we could all use a little cleansing.  So, after doing a fair bit of research, I decided to do my own version of a liver cleanse.

Rather than trying to do some kind of a juice fasting or even a really strict diet, I decided that I would be more likely to stick to a diet rich in liver healthy foods (kale, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, whole grains, apples, lemons, artichokes, blueberries, ginger, garlic) and cutting out foods that are bad for the liver (sugar, refined flour, alcohol, processed foods, salts, caffeine).  This might be difficult given my overwhelming love of wine and cheese.

However, I feel that bringing in these healthier habits might be good for me (and for the beau, especially).


Some of my future meals include:

Vegetable ginger broth
Quinoa with kale and cabbage (like quinoa with garlicky vegetables)
A lot of lemon and hot water
Baked apples
Vegetable stir fry with brown rice
Hummus with carrots and celery
Roasted vegetable puree

Some of these recipes will be posted so others can join in the healthy liver movement!

I will be trying to avoid pasta, breads, cheese, wine, pizza, cream, milk, chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment