Sugar Cookies

As you may or may not know, I'm not much of a sweets person.  However, I have now been given the Williams Sonoma Star Wars cookie cutters 3 times, so I figured it was time to use them.  (I am also an avid Star Wars fan).  I totally took this recipe from an online source, but I added some VeggieLiv touches.  Feel free to use an egg substitute to make this vegan.

Ingredients

  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup Earth Balance, softened
  • 1-1 1/2 cups white sugar (if you add less than 1 1/2, add a touch of brown sugar).
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
***The Star Wars shapes did not turn out.  I read some other recipes that included shortening that were for making shapes.  I'm not much on shortening, so I stuck with vegan butter.  If you want shapes though, this recipe is not exactly for you.  It does produce some delicious, chewy sugar cookies though!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment